LanguagEd was founded by like-minded professionals from different fields based in the UK, Italy and Germany to create affordable and high-quality teacher training materials and opportunities for language teachers around the world.
We have collaborated in creating teacher training courses on social justice in English Language Teaching and on listening instruction. We create all of our materials together and independently: we receive no external funding and we work in solidarity with teachers. Consequently, we believe professional development for English teachers should be:
- affordable: teachers should be able to access training at a reasonable price
- research-based: professional development should be based on the latest available research
- practice-oriented: activities should have a practical orientation, including teaching strategies
- context-specific: to be effective, training must be tailored to the needs of teachers in their context
- respectful: both experienced and novice teachers have a wealth of knowledge of what works in their contexts. Our courses respect and integrate this knowledge in the learning process.